Thursday, July 5, 2012

Influenster Summer Beauty VoxBox 2012

Hello, beauties.

I'm super excited to make this post, so let's get right into it. If you don't know, Influenster is a free website that sends VoxBoxes (boxes containing samples of beauty and other products) to select members based upon how they influence others. You earn badges based upon your life and what you do. I was extremely happy to be selected for my first VoxBox, The Summer Beauty VoxBox for 2012.

I received my box this morning about an hour ago and opened it right away.


This box included the following products:
Hawaiian Tropic Sick Hydration Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30: $8.99 for 6oz. Bottle
I just got my box today, so obviously I haven't had a chance to try this out. I did however, smell it and put it on my skin. It says it has a "light, tropical fragrance" and that's how I would describe it. This product does a pretty good job of masking that heavy sunscreen smell. It also goes on extremely smooth. The fact that it has lotions mixed in makes it hydrating and it also eliminates a lot of the oily effect you get with other sunscreens. In stores, it comes in SPF 12, 30, and 50. Based on first impressions, I'd say I'm going to get a lot of use out of this sunscreen, especially since I'm as pale as a ghost. :P

Tampax and Always Radiant Collection: Prices vary per box
I'll have to wait a few weeks to really try out these products, if you catch my drift. But, I do love the cute, little bag that the products came in. I'll definitely be using it as a makeup bag to keep in my purse. The packaging of the feminine products is cute and twinkly. It comes with a sample of 1 pad, 2 tampons (one super and one regular), and 3 liners. I can't wait to try this 

Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread: $3.29 for package of bars
I opened up my voxbox shortly after I woke up, so I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. I opened this product before I opened any of the beauty products and tried it right away. It's small enough that you feel healthy, but large enough that it really filled me up. The bars only contain 140 calories and come in different flavors as well. I will definitely be buying more of these next time I go to the grocery store.

Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color: $9.99
I've seen this nail polish in stores recently and have definitely noticed the hype. When I found out there was one in the voxbox I was anxious to try it. The bottle I received is in 906 Ionic Indigo. The color reminds me of denim. After trying it out, I was sad to find that it hadn't worked well. I think you need to really get the hang of following the directions to get this polish to do it's job. It's meant to end up looking sort of like the image that you see around the top of the bottle. Maybe I'll get it to work in the future. Even still, I genuinely like the color of this polish and will probably still wear it as it. I don't know if I'd be willing to pay $10 retail for it though. I'm sort of up in the air with this one.

Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Hand Crème: $5.99 for full size bottle
Lately, my cuticles have been horrible, so this product was also intriguing for me. I applied it about 2 hours ago and I can still feel a difference in the softness of my hands. I'll need to use this product more to really decide my opinion on it, but right now I'm loving it. I also noticed the smell right away. It smells sort of fruity and I really, really enjoy it. As of right now, I give this product a thumbs up.

That's it for the products. I hope my reviews and reactions gave you some insight into the new things you're going to see popping up in stores. Once again, Influenster is completely free and totally fun. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to get free things in the mail. I encourage you to go sign up right now! What're you waiting for?

Blog ya later! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment