Thursday, June 28, 2012

Trend of the Week: Neons!

Hello, beauties.

Welcome to the first ever Trend of the week!! I'm so excited to start this feature. Since this is the first post, I decided to start off with what I think is the biggest Spring and Summer trend this year. NEONS!

I'm someone who's always enjoyed a pop of color in an outfit, so this trend is definitely one that I'm loving. I've seen neons both in clothing and in makeup, but for the purposes of this post I'm going to focus mainly on clothes. (We'll get to colored lips at a later date. Hehe.) I love neons in any aspect of clothing, but if I had to pick one neon item it would come down to bags or shoes. 

I think a neon accessory can really give life to a look and bring together what would be an otherwise drab outfit. I've been wanting oh so badly to get a neon orange or hot pink bag in the near future. I think pieces, like the clutch below by Rebecca Minkoff, that are a bright orange are really stunning and definitely something that would catch your eye on the street.



Honestly, for a trend that I love so much I don't have enough neon. I did, however find some old t-shirts in bright colors. My scissors and I went on a little cutting spree and I cut up some of my old shirts to create fun new tops. I'll be doing a t-shirt cutting post very soon and once it's done I'll link it HERE.


How do you style neon? Are you a fan of this trend? Let me know!


Blog ya later! xx

1 comment:

  1. I think the best way to wear neons is in the accessories or just one piece to make the outfit pop

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/
    @WhatKimiDidNext

    ReplyDelete