Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale

Hello, beauties.

If you're like me, you could spend days smelling all the products in Bath & Body Works. There isn't one particular type of scent that I like better than the rest. From fruity to romantic, I never know what's going to catch my eye... er, nose?

A few days ago, I finally made my way to my local Bath & Body Works store to sift through all the items. I had heard that most body sprays were on sale for $3 a bottle and most candles were 50% off. Needless to say, there are tons of amazing deals, especially since most of the products they sale are pretty nice quality. Now, let's get into the fun stuff.

I only bought four products on this trip, but I have quite a bit to say about them. I'm going to start with the body sprays. Select fragrance mists (including the two that I purchased) are marked down 75% to $3. I also purchased two 4 oz. single-wick candles marked 50% off, making them $4.75. They do have select larger 14.5 oz. three-wick candles for $10.









Forever Sunshine Body Spray - I have become obsessed with this scent. Simple as that. It reminds me of my favorite perfume scent, Obsession by Calvin Klein. I think that's why I like it so much. The Bath & Body Works site defines the scent as "an exclusive blend of golden apricot, pink peonies, and a hint of praline that captures the romance of warm days that linger into cool autumn." It's floral smelling, but not overpowering. This spray could honestly work in any season, but for right now I think it's going to be the scent of my summer.

Paris Amour Body Spray - This spray is almost an opposite scent from Forever Sunshine, despite the fact that they're both floral. I would classify Paris Amour as romantic. It would work very well for a nighttime scent, but not necessarily for every day. Defined on the website as "a dreamy blend of French tulips, apple blossoms and sparkling pink champagne, inspired by a romantic stroll through the streets of Paris", I'd say that this scent does a wonderful job at managing to be light while still exuding that romantic musk.

Aloha Vanilla - Aloha Vanilla is your typical vanilla candle with a twist. Seeing as it's part of the name, you'd expect the vanilla scent to be the most predominate in the mix. Luckily, it is, and yet the candle isn't boring in the least. "A tropical island breeze of sweet mango, vanilla absolute and creamy coconut with a touch of lotus flower." All of Bath & Body Works' candles are Slatkin and Co. brand. I wouldn't say they're outstanding, but they're definitely average. You do end up with that waxy residue, but the creativity put into the fragrance makes up for it in my opinion.

Sunrise Lagoon - I was instantly drawn to this candle by the color. I have a thing for aquas, turquoises, and teals. Even the image on the packaging is interesting to look at. Once it caught my eye, I had to smell it. Sunrise Lagoon reminds me of what you'd smell on vacation. I imagine a tropical beach with exotic fruits and plants. The site reads "A luscious blend of juicy melon and citrus with notes of jasmine blossom and pink peony" and I think that each of those ingredients is definitely noticeable in the candle. I think I like this candle a little more than Aloha Vanilla.

Photo: Here's to a weekend by the pool...<3
Bonus Comments! While in the store, I noticed the True Blue Spa products. Essentially, it's a line of lotions and moisturizers that are made with vitamins and oils in order to tackle specific problems we face. I was interested in whether or not these products really do what they're made to do. I might end up going back to pick up one or two of them, but for now let me know if you've ever used them? Did they work well?

I think that's all for this trip to Bath & Body Works. Be sure to let me know if you've ever tried any of the products or scents I mentioned above? Did you feel the same way I did? What's your favorite Bath & Body Works scent? And don't forget to check out the Bath & Body Works semi-annual sale! I'm pretty sure it only lasts a few more days!

Blog ya later! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment