Monday, June 25, 2012

Brushes, M'dear

Hello, beauties.

Recently, I was at Sephora just wandering around as usual. There was nothing in particular that I was looking for, but I always end up being drawn to the brushes. I'm not one to brag about my makeup collection or even call it a collection in the first place, so the amount of brushes I had was wimpy to say the least. They were all crappy brushes I had accumulated and found over the years and snatched up. Even in the childhood days, I knew a crappy brush was better than a sponge applicator when it came to makeup. 

But, the other day, my brush venture finally became a success. Now, before I go on, prepare yourself. I am in no way experienced, nor do I own... really any quality products. So, keep that in mind as I continue. I ended up picking up a Sephora brand travel brush set. Honestly, these brushes are nowhere near bad quality or cheap. The set came with five brushes all in a nice little travel pack. There's a "multi-purpose" face brush (powder brush), an eyeshadow brush, a crease brush (or blending brush), a smudge brush, and an angled eyeliner brush. The eyeliner brush is sort of useless to me right now though, since I use liquid and pencil eyeliner, not gel.






The whole set cost $32 (which, when matched with the $20 gift card I had, wasn't a bad deal). When you look at the costs of all the Sephora brand single brushes, 5 decent ones for only $32 doesn't seem bad whatsoever. In the long run, I'm extremely glad I made this purchase. If you're someone who's just beginning with makeup and are looking for a starting place, I highly recommend that you go to Sephora and look at their brush sets. You might end up finding something great!

Blog ya later! x

1 comment:

  1. These brushes sound great! Lovely review :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete