Friday, June 22, 2012

The Future, Summer, & My New Adventure

Hello, beauties.


My name is Ashley and this is the first post on my brand new blog! Obviously, you've made your way here, so you probably already knew that. Seeing as this is my very first post, I feel as though I should talk a bit about myself. I'm 17 years old and recently graduated from high school. There's a lot of things that have caught my interest throughout the years, but the one that stuck was acting. Musical theater has been a large part of my life since the age of 4 and without it, I think I'd be a completely different person. My dreams have been carved out of the desire to perform and I believe that one day I will be on a Broadway stage. However, in the more near future, my dreams are nearly as large as that one. In the Spring of 2013, I plan on participating in the Walt Disney World College Program. If you've been a senior in high school, you know that tons and tons of people will ask the same question of you for the last few months; "What're you doing for college?!" Having recently graduated, I've answered that question so many times and don't have the desire to go into grave detail here on this blog. Basically, the Disney College Program is a paid internship that takes place in a Disney park. If you want to read more about it, simply Google "Disney College Program" and find their website. I promise, it's insanely informative. 


In the meantime, I'm savoring my last summer as a "child" and making the most of the time I have. I've been crazy busy having this thing called a life. Apparently, it's all the rage to leave your bedroom and laptop sometimes. Who knew?! In fact, last night I went to a midnight showing of the new Disney Pixar film, Brave. I could definitely go on for ages raving to you about how gloriously wonderful the movie was, so I'll just leave it at that. I also tie dyed shirts with some of my friends and mine turned out pretty well, I'd say. I might do a blog post on that, if it's something you'd be interested in. Both of those little adventures were a part of a list that my friend and I have created. It's something like a Summer 2012 bucket list. It has about 50 activities on it as of right now, but it continues to grow. I've also considered doing a post on that and telling out some of the better things on the list. 


But, speaking of adventures, this blog itself is one that I've decided to embark on on my own. I've always been someone who enjoyed makeup and fashion. Who doesn't like cutesy little DIY crafts? So, I decided to make a place to document and share all of my little bits and bobs over the course of this Summer and hopefully even longer. Recently, I've become infatuated with the YouTube channels (and now blogs) of Zoe and Louise. They're somewhat "famous" around the web and I feel inspired to create a blog and do something similar to what they've done. Obviously, they aren't the only beauty gurus blogging and vlogging about, but I see something different in them. They seem so down to earth and so silly. They're unlike the robotic, carbon copy beauty vloggers you see every day creating the majority of hauls, tutorials, and reviews across YouTube and other platforms. Like I said, they've inspired me to begin my own new adventure here on BlogSpot and I can't wait to see what comes out of it. So, come along on my little journey and explore the worlds of beauty, fashion, and fun with me. I'd love to interact with you, so be sure to leave comments and subscribe! I promise I don't bite.


I guess that's all for now. I hope I didn't talk you to death.


Blog ya later! x

No comments:

Post a Comment