Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Beauty & Style Icons

Hello, beauties.

As a fun little activity for myself, I created a little collage of all the people and faces that incluence my choices when it comes to makeup, clothes, and my over-all favorite looks. Since my blog is still new, I decided to share it with you. Hopefully, it'll give you some insight into my style and the type of person I am. 

In a nutshell, I like the classic look of makeup. Marilyn Monroe eyeliner is something I wear on a day to day basis. I like the rocker chick look combined with a bit of quirky and casual. Patterns and colors are something I love almost as much as simple black pieces. Now that I've explained, here's the visual embodiment of what I just told you.



Featured Faces:
Blake Lively  |  Francesca Eastwood  |  Lea Michele  |  Kim Kardashian  |  Marilyn Monroe  |  Taylor Momsen  |  Dianna Agron  |  Scarlett Johanson  |  Brittany Murphy (RIP, baby)  |  Katy Perry  |  Kendall Jenner

To go into a little more depth, I'm going to hop around the picture and highlight certain things.
  1. Francesca Eastwood is gorgeous. I absolutely love the way she wears her makeup.
  2. Winged eyeliner is something I'm very, very into right now. (Marilyn, Lea Michele)
  3. Dianna Agron is just a perfect human being. She's not only beautiful, but also adorably quirky. Plus, that blue and green dress is to die for.
  4. I love the way that Kim Kardashian wears her lips. She normally has this really nice coral color going on that meshes perfectly with her tanned skin. I wish I was tan so that I could pull that off.
  5. On the entirely other end of the spectrum, I really like bright lipsticks. Katy Perry often wears bright pink and I really like how it looks on her. This might just be because I feel like I can't pull off red lipstick. Scaredy cat! :P
  6. Taylor Momsen falls into the rocker chick category that I simply love. I couldn't dress as daring as she does, but I do have a few edgy pieces in my closet.
  7. Scarlett Johanson always manages to have a perfect smokey eye at events. It's never too overwhelming, but it always compliments the rest of her look. Although, I do like her better with red hair.
  8. I think I like Blake Lively's style so much because I wish I looked like her. First of all, she's tall (like many of the rest of these women), so she can work a lot of outfits that would look terrible on me. Also, she's amazingly tanned to the point where she looks like she's at the beach at all times.
I hope you enjoyed this little look into my influences. Who are your style icons? Are we similar? Tell me below!

Blog ya later! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment